Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/20 15:41:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Shale PMC Chair

In its meeting yesterday the Apache Board of Directors unanimously
approved a resolution naming Gary VanMatre the new chair of the Apache
Shale Project Management Committee.  Please join us in congratulating
Gary for this new role.

In addition we would like to publicly thank Craig McClanahan for his
service to this project and his invaluable contribution to the Java
web application development community. We are endlessly grateful to
him for his role in defining the JavaServer Faces framework and, more
specifically, in birthing the Shale project. It is no small loss to
this community that his work has made it difficult for him to be as
involved as he once was. At his own request, Craig is now an emeritus
member of the Shale PMC.

Thank you,
Greg Reddin
Apache Shale PMC Member

SV: [ANNOUNCE] New Shale PMC Chair

Posted by Hermod Opstvedt <he...@opstvedt.com>.
Congratulations, Gary - Keep up the good work for the community.

Hermod

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Shale PMC Chair

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Gary!  It couldn't have gone to a nicer guy!

Ryan W.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Congratulations.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Hermod Opstvedt <he...@opstvedt.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Gary :)

Niall

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.
Excellent news. Congrats, Gary!

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
phone: +1 203-653-2989

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.
Excellent news. Congrats, Gary!

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
phone: +1 203-653-2989
> In its meeting yesterday the Apache Board of Directors unanimously
> approved a resolution naming Gary VanMatre the new chair of the Apache
> Shale Project Management Committee.  Please join us in congratulating
> Gary for this new role.
>
> In addition we would like to publicly thank Craig McClanahan for his
> service to this project and his invaluable contribution to the Java
> web application development community. We are endlessly grateful to
> him for his role in defining the JavaServer Faces framework and, more
> specifically, in birthing the Shale project. It is no small loss to
> this community that his work has made it difficult for him to be as
> involved as he once was. At his own request, Craig is now an emeritus
> member of the Shale PMC.
>
> Thank you,
> Greg Reddin
> Apache Shale PMC Member

RE: [ANNOUNCE] New Shale PMC Chair

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
Congrats Gary! I hope Shale restart the development.

Mario

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 3/20/08, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/3/20, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
>
> > In its meeting yesterday the Apache Board of Directors unanimously
>  >  approved a resolution naming Gary VanMatre the new chair of the Apache
>  >  Shale Project Management Committee.  Please join us in congratulating
>  >  Gary for this new role.
>

> Congrats Gary! I think that you are the right person that could
>  restart development of Shale!

<snip/>

+1 to that :-)

-Rahul

RE: [ANNOUNCE] New Shale PMC Chair

Posted by Kailas Lovlekar <ka...@yahoo.co.uk>.
>I think that you are the right person that could restart development of
Shale!
> In its meeting yesterday the Apache Board of Directors unanimously
> approved a resolution naming Gary VanMatre the new chair of the Apache

> Shale Project Management Committee.  Please join us in congratulating

> Gary for this new role.

Congrats Gary! I think that you are the right person that could restart
development of Shale!

Antonio

Checked by AVG.
16/03/2008 10:34