Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Oscar Besga Arcauz <ob...@isdefe.es> on 2012/09/20 13:43:02 UTC

New sessions by each petition

Hi wickers !!!

I'm battling with my application, and now I've noted something weird

I've a custom WebSession class, in which I've coded a (horrible) log to check the creation of the new session:

    public class WebMySession extends WebSession {

        private static final Logger LOGGER = LoggerFactory.getLogger(WebMySession .class);

        public WebMySession(Request request) {
            super(request);
            LOGGER.debug("NEW SESSION!");
        }
    }

Into my webapp class I do

    public class WebMyApplication extends WebApplication {

    [...]

        @Override
        public Session newSession(Request request, Response response) {
            return new WebMySession(request);
        }

    [...]

    }

But when I enter the first time into the app, I see this logged:

12:12:26,133  DEBUG ServletWebRequest:197 - Calculating context relative path from:  context path '', filterPrefix '', uri '/imagees/myxyz.jpg'
12:12:26,133 DEBUG WebMySession :24 - NEW SESSION!
12:12:26,133  DEBUG RequestCycle:215 - No suitable handler found for URL  /imagees/myxyz.jpg, falling back to container to process this request

12:12:26,143  DEBUG ServletWebRequest:197 - Calculating context  relative path from:  context path '', filterPrefix '', uri  '/imagees/myxyz2.jpg'
12:12:26,143 DEBUG WebMySession :24 - NEW SESSION!
12:12:26,143  DEBUG RequestCycle:215 - No suitable handler found for URL  /imagees/myxyz2.jpg, falling back to container to process this request

12:12:26,163  DEBUG ServletWebRequest:197 - Calculating context relative path from:  context path '', filterPrefix '', uri  '/dynimg/id/1340795758750/name/mynewimage.jpg'
12:12:26,163 DEBUG WebIsdefeSession:24 - NEW SESSION!

For  every image, javascript and css that is into the /${webapp} and must be  served directly from disk; and also from images created from a  DynamicResource

¿ Is this ok or I've done something wrong ? ¿ Why there are so many sessions created ?

I've tried with different browsers and the result is the same...

Thanks in advance !

    > > > Oscar Besga Arcauz  < < <

PS: Hope this email is not duplicated, I send one without subject and it doesn't appear to be on list

Re: New sessions by each petition

Posted by Oscar Besga Arcauz <ob...@isdefe.es>.
Ok, i've used sessionbind and works as expected !

Also, I've checked that session is auto-binded when you use statefull components - my web tries to stay stateless most time, so this was the cause I saw so many 'new session' logs

Thanks !!

    > > > Oscar Besga Arcauz  < < <

This is just a temporary session which is discarded at the end of the request.
Until Session#bind() is called it is considered temporary and no
HttpSession is being created.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Oscar Besga Arcauz <ob...@isdefe.es> wrote:

> Hi wickers !!!
>

> I'm battling with my application, and now I've noted something weird
>
> I've a custom WebSession class, in which I've coded a (horrible) log to check the creation of the new session:
>
>     public class WebMySession extends WebSession {
>
>         private static final Logger LOGGER = LoggerFactory.getLogger(WebMySession .class);
>
>         public WebMySession(Request request) {
>             super(request);
>             LOGGER.debug("NEW SESSION!");
>         }
>     }
>

> Into my webapp class I do
>
>     public class WebMyApplication extends WebApplication {
>
>     [...]
>
>         @Override
>         public Session newSession(Request request, Response response) {
>             return new WebMySession(request);
>         }
>
>     [...]
>
>     }
>

> But when I enter the first time into the app, I see this logged:
>

> 12:12:26,133  DEBUG ServletWebRequest:197 - Calculating context relative path from:  context path '', filterPrefix '', uri '/imagees/myxyz.jpg'
> 12:12:26,133 DEBUG WebMySession :24 - NEW SESSION!
> 12:12:26,133  DEBUG RequestCycle:215 - No suitable handler found for URL  /imagees/myxyz.jpg, falling back to container to process this request
>
> 12:12:26,143  DEBUG ServletWebRequest:197 - Calculating context  relative path from:  context path '', filterPrefix '', uri  '/imagees/myxyz2.jpg'
> 12:12:26,143 DEBUG WebMySession :24 - NEW SESSION!
> 12:12:26,143  DEBUG RequestCycle:215 - No suitable handler found for URL  /imagees/myxyz2.jpg, falling back to container to process this request
>
> 12:12:26,163  DEBUG ServletWebRequest:197 - Calculating context relative path from:  context path '', filterPrefix '', uri  '/dynimg/id/1340795758750/name/mynewimage.jpg'
> 12:12:26,163 DEBUG WebIsdefeSession:24 - NEW SESSION!
>

> For  every image, javascript and css that is into the /${webapp} and must be  served directly from disk; and also from images created from a  DynamicResource
>
> ¿ Is this ok or I've done something wrong ? ¿ Why there are so many sessions created ?
>
> I've tried with different browsers and the result is the same...
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
>     > > > Oscar Besga Arcauz  < < <
>

> PS: Hope this email is not duplicated, I send one without subject and it doesn't appear to be on list

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com