Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com> on 2005/05/23 20:25:30 UTC

obtaining an action's ActionMapping

Hi.

Anybodoy knows how can I access the action B's ActionMapping from the
Action A (a preprocessing filter that is executed before every action) ?
I have to do that because I need to read the properties of many actions
in the filter, to check if the user can execute those actions.
I've tried the method
ConfigHelper.*getActionMapping*(java.lang.String path), but it returns
null because it's not implemented yet.
In Struts 1.0 there was a ActionServlet.findmapping method.

Thanks,
Jorge.

Re: obtaining an action's ActionMapping

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
GOOD answer!  Hope it is working for you now!

On 5/24/05, Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com> wrote:
> I changed it because the class ModuleUtils doesn't have a
> findActionConfig method:
>
> http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/util/ModuleUtils.html
>

> Dakota Jack escribió:
>
> >Just do what he said.  You changed it.
> >
> >On 5/24/05, Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I suppose that you refer to doing something like this:
> >>
> >>ModuleConfig module = ModuleUtils.getInstance().getModuleConfig(request);
> >>ActionMappingAplicacionWeb map = (ActionMappingAplicacionWeb)
> >>module.findActionConfig("FormularioCrearDocumento");
> >>
> >>It returns null, I don't know why.
> >>Any help?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Jorge.

~Dakota Jack~

Re: obtaining an action's ActionMapping

Posted by Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com>.
Thanks!
I wasn't typing the action path correctly

Jorge

Posted by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com>.

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Just do what he said.  You changed it.

On 5/24/05, Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com> wrote:
> I suppose that you refer to doing something like this:
>
> ModuleConfig module = ModuleUtils.getInstance().getModuleConfig(request);
> ActionMappingAplicacionWeb map = (ActionMappingAplicacionWeb)
> module.findActionConfig("FormularioCrearDocumento");
>
> It returns null, I don't know why.
> Any help?
>
> Thanks,
> Jorge.
>
> Hubert Rabago escribió:
>
> >Try ModuleUtils.getInstance().findActionConfig("actionB");
> >
> >Hubert
> >
> >On 5/23/05, Jorge Chacón Souto <jo...@mundo-r.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi.
> >>
> >>Anybodoy knows how can I access the action B's ActionMapping from the
> >>Action A (a preprocessing filter that is executed before every action) ?
> >>I have to do that because I need to read the properties of many actions
> >>in the filter, to check if the user can execute those actions.
> >>I've tried the method
> >>ConfigHelper.*getActionMapping*(java.lang.String path), but it returns
> >>null because it's not implemented yet.
> >>In Struts 1.0 there was a ActionServlet.findmapping method.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Jorge.

~Dakota Jack~

Re: obtaining an action's ActionMapping