Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2017/06/07 14:27:57 UTC

idle thoughts on more website automation

In the 1.2.6 release I'm at the point where I need to update the
website. I've never done this step. I missed it for 1.2.5 and Stack
did the initial publishing sometime between 1.2.4 and 1.2.5.

Last night I started to do it, but fell asleep while reviewing the
changes from essentially taking the docs/ directory from the binary
tarball and placing it over the current 1.2 section of the website.

AFAICT there's nothing I've seen in reviewing so far that should
actually need a human. What do folks think about maybe having a
jenkins job that grabs the latest maintenance releases and if new
pushed their docs into the appropriate minor release specific part of
the website?

Re: idle thoughts on more website automation

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>.
So I am a little confused about what this step does. I guess I didn't know
we did this. We do have the website getting updated daily now, hands-free.
What am I missing?

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.

--
Sean

Re: idle thoughts on more website automation

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.