Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl> on 2006/02/19 12:06:21 UTC

[ajax] progress bar

This question is probably directed to Sylvain: as you are rewriting ajax
support with dojo library is there a control to display some kind of
progress bar when performing ajax requests? In fact a simple hourglass
or "Loading..." floating div would suffice.

Re: [ajax] progress bar

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> This question is probably directed to Sylvain: as you are rewriting
> ajax support with dojo library is there a control to display some kind
> of progress bar when performing ajax requests? In fact a simple
> hourglass or "Loading..." floating div would suffice.

Currently, when an Ajax request is posted, the cursor is changed to
"wait", which changes the mouse cursor to an hour class. Now this isn't
really visible (especially on FF where it changes only when the mouse
moves).

It's currently hard-coded, but we can change that. In order for it to be
easy, here's what I suggest:
- if a "cforms-wait" element is present, then show it when an Ajax
request takes more than e.g. 0.5 second to answer,
- otherwise change the cursor to an hour class,
- and let advanced users override all this with some JS functions.

That way, you can just provide whatever you want in the "cforms-wait"
element, with images, absolute positioning, etc, etc.

WDYT?

Sylvain, preparing the Dojo commit :-)