Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by vetalok <ve...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/18 19:15:21 UTC

Re: Orderly shutting down services

Guys,
Could you please help me to resolve problem with unexpected Karaf shutdown?
I was asked this question  here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35288889/karaf-stops-unexpectedly>   but
it still not answered. Here is the question:
After upgrading Karaf from 2.2.11 to 4.0.3 with log4j2 support and running
load tests of our Karaf based application, Karaf unexpectedly starts
shutdown process.
We increased most of memory options but it did not help.
No info in logs - just "Stopping blueprint extender" and "Unregistering
bundles...". Above these messages there was debug info from my bundles. In
manifest files of our bundles old OSGI container is used
(org.osgi.framework;version="1.3.0"). This occurs only with load tests, for
single threaded scenarios there are no problems.
Can one bundle that fails trigger whole framework to stop?
Any ideas why Karaf 4.0.3 is not stable and where we need to investigate?

Re: Orderly shutting down services

Posted by ch...@kiffer.ltd.uk.
vetalok,

> Can one bundle that fails trigger whole framework to stop?

If it fails hard enough, yes.  In fact even if it calls System.exit() ...

Suggest you first investigate this as a general Java-application-crashes
problem, e.g. collect and analyse heap dumps (hprof files), run whole
process in debugger if feasible, etc. ...