Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/30 13:45:10 UTC

Regarding isCancelled(request)

Hi all,
Iam using submit and cancel buttons inside form action  so that on pressing any of the buttons action is getting called...but dont want validate method to get called on pressing cancel button....so is there any way to do so...do i need to specify submit and cancel as buttons instead of putting them in submit action....Iam as of now using
isCancelled(request) in my action class..
Waiting for reply
Thanking you
Prashanth

Re: Regarding isCancelled(request)

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi adam,
Thank you very much for ur reply.When i was exploring iscancelled() in action  class i came to know that validate method wont be called when user presses cancel...so i came to know finally that even though cancel button is inside form ,validate method wont be called according to the source code of action class..
Any comments are welcome as iam a newcommer to struts
Thanks
Prashanth
Thanking

Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
Hi Prashanth,
if you use a and , then the correct HTML for
struts will be produced, which results in the struts controller servlet
NOT executing the validation when the user clicks cancel.

Adam

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Prashanth,
if you use a <html:submit> and <html:cancel>, then the correct HTML for