Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Hoang, Hai" <Ha...@coair.com> on 2002/11/04 16:36:43 UTC

Newbie questions about Jetspeed status

Hi all,

I am a Struts and OJB user and I am new to Jetspeed.  I've a few questions
regarding Jetspeed status:

1.  I've read somewhere that Jetspeed is dead? I don't think this is true by
looking at the mail list but it seen that the development is very slow
compared to other Jakarta projects such as Struts or OJB.  Can you comment
on the status?

2.  I also read some where that Jetspeed is the reference implementation of
the JCP's portal JSR.  Is this true? If so what is the status of this?

3.  According to the document, Jetspeed heavily depended on
turbine/velocity/torque frameworks, is there any plans, initiatives or fork
to decouple Jetspeed to allow it to work with OJB/Struts or any other
frameworks independent of Turbine?

Thank you,
Hai Hoang

Introducing the all new and improved continental.com.  With a totally new
personalized design, it's the best place to go. Before you go.

Continental Airlines. Work Hard. Fly Right.

http://www.continental.com