Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2014/08/12 12:50:03 UTC

[ivy] XmlModuleDescriptorWriterTest fails locally

Hi

XmlModuleDescriptorWriterTest uses String comparisons to compare XML
files.  In one of the tests (testExtraInfosFromMaven) my local result
contains some elements in a different order than expected (I get
commons-collections after commons-logging).

I could fix this by introducing a dependency on XMLUnit, by faking
XMLUnit's behavior for the specific test or by ignoring the error (when
I run the test, not inside the code).  Since I'll likely not run the
tests too often, I'd prefer to leave the decision to people who really
work on the code base.

Stefan

Re: [ivy] XmlModuleDescriptorWriterTest fails locally

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2014-08-18, Jean-Louis Boudart wrote:

> I have the same issue locally. But all tests passed on jenkins.

Yeah, strange, might be the JDK in use.

> I've already spent a few hours on it but don't know where the real issue
> came from. Any ideas are welcome.

I haven't dug into it, I don't even know what is creating the dependency
information.  It may be a simple race condition where results from
different requests are getting merged, I have no idea.  In either case
the order of dependency elements should not be relevant and so the test
shouldn't make any assumption about it (all IMHO).

Posted by Jean-Louis Boudart <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

I have the same issue locally. But all tests passed on jenkins.
I've already spent a few hours on it but don't know where the real issue
came from. Any ideas are welcome.

> Hi
>
> XmlModuleDescriptorWriterTest uses String comparisons to compare XML
> files.  In one of the tests (testExtraInfosFromMaven) my local result
> contains some elements in a different order than expected (I get
> commons-collections after commons-logging).
>
> I could fix this by introducing a dependency on XMLUnit, by faking
> XMLUnit's behavior for the specific test or by ignoring the error (when
> I run the test, not inside the code).  Since I'll likely not run the
> tests too often, I'd prefer to leave the decision to people who really
> work on the code base.
>
> Stefan

Jean Louis Boudart
Independent consultant