Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2019/11/15 12:10:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Use of Github packages for hosting version specific maven packages?

All,

This has come up a few times in the past when someone wants to build/extend CloudStack and for that they would need to extract and use version specific jars from deb/rpm packages for their apps. I was experimenting with the new Github packages feature against the recent 4.13.0.0 release and could easily publish the jar artifacts here:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/packages

Thoughts if that's a good way to proceed or find any suitable way of version specific jar artifact/packages publication and hosting?

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue

https://www.shapeblue.com

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] Use of Github packages for hosting version specific maven packages?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for testing, I should've mentioned that not all the 4.13.0.0 jar/pom artifacts have been uploaded. I've pushed the cloud-engine artifact:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/packages/59489

I've pushed a few more artifacts, esp. those from plugins. For the next release, we can likely put together a script that uploads all the jar artifacts except maybe the cloud-client jar.

Github packages should require authentication for pushing only, I checked in incognito mode for example https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/packages/55880 (cloud-api) and I could download the jar manually but not with the archetype sample/example (foo-plugin, https://github.com/mlsorensen/acs-plugin-archetype). The only change I did was to explicitly state the repository in root pom.xml:
  <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>github</id>
            <url>https://rhtyd@maven.pkg.github.com/apache/cloudstack/</url>