Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2016/05/10 14:46:20 UTC

Re: ASF Board Report for Marmotta - Initial Reminder for May 2016

I've just found some time to draft the May report:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/marmotta/reporting/2016-05_BoardReport.txt

Please, provide feedback by Wednesday 11th, so Jakob can submit it to the
ASF Board.

Marmotta Board Report for May 2016
=======================================

Apache Marmotta, an Open Platform for Linked Data.

Apache Marmotta was founded in December 2012 and has graduated from the
Incubator in November 2013.

A quater with increasing activity, resuming quite some open developments
towards what should be 3.4.0 sooner than later. The activity in the users
mailing list continues increasing, with more new people joining there for
questions and/or issues reports.

The interested on pushing 3.4.0 out has been resumed
https://s.apache.org/d5Ob
Presumably, awaiting for some open issue, we should be able to get the new
release out within the next few weeks. That milestone would open the
question
about having an inflection point, where the project can more forward in
many
technical aspects (Java 8, RDF4J, etc).

Recently we have adapted our public images to the new ASF branding, slightly
renovating the project logo:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/marmotta/logo/v2/

Supported by the TAC, Sergio represented the project in the ApacheCon North
America in Vancouver, giving a speech about the GeoSPARQL support. The talk
took place in the context of the Geospatial track proposed by OGC for the
Apache Big Data conference.

Subscribers to the projects mailing list:
    dev@marmotta.a.o:  93 subscribers (+5 since last report, 2016-02)
  users@marmotta.a.o: 112 subscribers (+5 since last report, 2016-02)

Releases:
  2014-12-05 (3.3.0)
  2014-05-20 (3.2.1)

Committers & PMC (last additions):
  Peter Ansell (committer&PMC, 2013-06-24)
  Raffaele Palmieri (committer&PMC, 2013-05-21)

Issues for the Board:
  There are no Board-level issues at this time.

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: ASF Board Report for Marmotta - Initial Reminder for May 2016

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
+1  - looks good, I like it!

If there are no vetoes, I'll submit later today... Thanks Sergio for
putting together this report!

Best,
Jakob

Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> schrieb am Di., 10. Mai 2016 um