Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by James Keeney <ne...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/09 02:33:03 UTC

Solr nodes out of sync

We have a case on our dev server which uses the cloud example setup where
our two nodes are out of synch. One has records that the other does not.

We found the error:

c:organizations s:shard1 r:core_node1 x:organizations_shard1_replica0]
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor; Ignoring
commit while not ACTIVE - state: BUFFERING replay: false

which explains what is happening. That node is the leader so the docs are
being stored on the second node transaction log but not fully synchronized
and committed.

My question is this:

What causes a node to become not ACTIVE and how do we monitor for that
state?

Thanks.

Jim K.
--