Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Danny Lin <Li...@doc.state.sc.us> on 2007/01/18 22:36:37 UTC

engaging soapmonitor-1.1 in Axis2

I have a webservices written. It is running correctly as far as I can
tell. I have a client that's calling the service and is receiving the
correct responses. Next week, I plan to give a small demo to my
management. I thought of using soapmonitor in the Axis2 Administrator
webapp. I was able to "engage" a servicer and/or an "operation" with
soapmonitor-1.1 module. What do I need to do next so that I can have a
visual for webservices activities other than usiing the debug logs?

Thanks.

Danny

Re: engaging soapmonitor-1.1 in Axis2

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.
You can use tcpmon as well to sniff axis request and response messages.
I thought it was easier to setup and is quite easy to use.

You just need to run the launch script from the download's bin and setup the port on which you want to sniff.
Make sure your requests are sent to this port from where they will be forwarded onto where ever your services are
deployed.

http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/

HTH.
Sathija.

Posted by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com>.
copy axis2-soapmonitor-1.1.jar to a temp directory and do :
jar -xf axis2-soapmonitor-1.1.jar

This jar file is normally located under axis2-<version>\lib
as part of the axis2 distro.

Then remove axis2-soapmonitor-1.1.jar from the temp directory.

List of files under the temp directory should look like :
META-INF
org
SOAPMonitorApplet$ServiceFilterPanel.class
SOAPMonitorApplet$SOAPMonitorData.class
SOAPMonitorApplet$SOAPMonitorFilter.class
SOAPMonitorApplet$SOAPMonitorPage.class
SOAPMonitorApplet$SOAPMonitorTableModel.class
SOAPMonitorApplet$SOAPMonitorTextArea.class
SOAPMonitorApplet.class

Copy everything under temp directory to axis2\ which is
your axis2 installation directory (note that if you use tomcat to deploy
axis2, the directory is apache-tomcat-<version>\webapps\axis2)

Gul

PS : Depending on what version of axis2 you are using the version part
of the name of the axis2-soapmonitor.jar
file might be different (i.e. it could be SNAPSHOT or 1.1.1)