Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Craig <cr...@raqia.com> on 2001/11/07 23:12:48 UTC

Xerces Perl and gcc 3.0

Hey...

Just wanted to let you know, that Xerces - Perl seems to work correctly
with gcc 3.0 provided that you declare namespace in all the cpp files.
I have modified this locally, and have had success, but I didnt think
that the 3 or 4 lines of "using namespace std;" constituted sending you
a diff.

Just wanted to let you know so that all the other gcc 3 users out there
may use it out of the box.

Keep up the great work...been using Xerces-P only one day and love the
fact that it emulates the C++ source.
cmt

--
"Intelligence is like four-wheel-drive. It just enables
you to get stuck in more remote places." - Garrison Keillor

Re: Xerces Perl and gcc 3.0

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Craig" <cr...@raqia.com> writes:

> Just wanted to let you know, that Xerces - Perl seems to work
> correctly with gcc 3.0 provided that you declare namespace in all the
> cpp files.  I have modified this locally, and have had success, but I
> didnt think that the 3 or 4 lines of "using namespace std;"
> constituted sending you a diff.

Awesome! Do you know of a gcc-3.0 #define that I can add to wrap the
'using'? Just in case other C++ compilers don't like it... What
architecture, btw, linux (redhat, debian)?

> Keep up the great work...been using Xerces-P only one day and love the
> fact that it emulates the C++ source. cmt

Cool. Let me know how it goes, and if you find any warts.

Cheers,
jas.