Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com> on 2008/03/03 16:58:52 UTC

Re: What to do about our repository

"C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> writes:
> Thoughts?  Opinions?  Concerns?

All I ask is that if we require people to re-check-out their working
copies, that we change the repository UUID so there is no ambiguity
about the matter.

*** CLARIFICATION ***: People reading this thread might think we're
talking about every repository and working copy in the world.  We're
not.  This is about a special-case treatment of Subversion's *own*
repository, and is not, repeat *not*, going to be a required procedure
for other repositories and working copies.  You will be able to
upgrade to Subversion 1.5 in the usual easy way, without requiring a
re-check-out of all your project's working copies.

Although Mike's original post was perfectly clear on this point, I'm
reiterating it here because my reply doesn't quote that part of his
mail, and I don't want to see Slashdot porn later today about
Subversion invalidating all working copies or something :-).

-Karl