Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 11:58:17 UTC

Re: log4php status?

We've been using log4php during development work, taking the next step
on the road to production obviously depends upon the stability and
future of the project.
I'm reasonably comfortable with the way things work @apache, my
question is really whether any of you think its more likely to fizzle
out in the incubator or just take a long time to graduate?

I could offer my help, but I may not have much help to offer.

d.

Re: log4php status?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Well, one sure way is to a formal release and get more
> people to look at it.

log4php would surely benefit of that. I watched this list for a while
now, and it looks like less activity. Somebody here told me that there
is no activity cause the code is quite stable. If so, a release would
be great.

And maybe there should be a discussion about the roadmap of log4php. I
cannot believe this is the final code for log4php.

Another point is that PHP doesn't draw much attention within the
apache community. I have tried to find a champion for another PHP
project I wanted to incubate, but failed. I guess if more PHP projects
would be hosted at apache, log4php would benefit with more community
interaction too.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: log4php status?