Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/12/21 23:04:39 UTC

choice of libtool? (was: Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 configure.in)

Keep libtool.

We shouldn't be attempting to figure out how to build shared libs on N
different platforms out there.

In this particular case, Sascha has indicated we can use "convenience"
libraries to solve our particular issue. I don't see any problem with that.
And yes, apps could go into .libs and fetch stuff, but it isn't ideal for
the reasons Sascha mentions; but he even provides a way to solve that if we
truly deem it to be a problem.
... in other words, we just have a few changes to make. That is a lot less
than tossing out libtool and redeveloping an alternate solution.

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/