Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matteo Caprari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/04 11:42:12 UTC

changes in _stats api?

Hi.

I'm playing with _stats and noticed that the new api gained a new field "sum",
which seems to report the exact number of hits in the timespan, a
figure that is absent in previous releases.

Is this correct?
Other changes I'm overlooking?

old (0.10)
"GET": {
      "current": 507,
      "count": 2443,
      "mean": 0.20753172329103617,
      "min": 0,
      "max": 13,
      "stddev": 1.2365992967940493,
      "description": "number of HTTP GET requests"
    },

new (0.11) trunk
"GET": {
      "description": "number of HTTP GET requests",
      "current": 1,
      "sum": 1,
      "mean": 0.017,
      "stddev": 0.129,
      "min": 0,
      "max": 1
    },

--
:Matteo Caprari
matteo.caprari@gmail.com

Re: changes in _stats api?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Matteo,

That sounds correct from memory. One or two of those fields only makes
sense for the counter style stats like number of requests and such
forth. I don't have an environment handy for digging through code till
I get back from holiday, but the appropriate sections are in the
couch_stats_aggregator.erl in the update and remove functions.

HTH,
Paul Davis