Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 10:07:26 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1302298 - /commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/linear/SymmLQ.java

On 19 March 2012 06:46,  <ce...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: celestin
> Date: Mon Mar 19 06:46:32 2012
> New Revision: 1302298

> Log:
> In class o.a.c.math3.linear.SymmLQ
>  - Changed parameter order for the constructor of nested class State (for consistency with the constructor of SymmLQ).
>  - Moved some static helper methods from SymmLQ to nested class State
>  - Changed visibility of some static fields from private to protected in order to avoid the use of synthetic getters.

Could have used package protection here, but as the fields are
constant, it does not matter that they are exposed to sub-classes.

Had they been mutable, protected access would not have been as good.

Re: svn commit: r1302298 - /commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/linear/SymmLQ.java

Posted by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org>.
2012/3/19 sebb <se...@gmail.com>:
> On 19 March 2012 06:46,  <ce...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: celestin
>> Date: Mon Mar 19 06:46:32 2012
>> New Revision: 1302298

>> Log:
>> In class o.a.c.math3.linear.SymmLQ
>>  - Changed parameter order for the constructor of nested class State (for consistency with the constructor of SymmLQ).
>>  - Moved some static helper methods from SymmLQ to nested class State
>>  - Changed visibility of some static fields from private to protected in order to avoid the use of synthetic getters.
>
> Could have used package protection here, but as the fields are
> constant, it does not matter that they are exposed to sub-classes.
>
> Had they been mutable, protected access would not have been as good.

You're absolutely right, thank you for pointing that out. Even if it
does not really matter, I'll change that anyway.

Sébastien