Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eduardo Vazquez <Ed...@BigRedFlame.com> on 2003/10/10 17:48:22 UTC

Why should i use Tomcat vs .NET?

I work for a small company which is seriously considering the .NET route
moving into the future. My mission if I chose to accept is to sway popular
opinion towards Tomcat (Jakarta) for reasons I've yet to summarize because I
can't confidently regurgitate any (I'm new to Linux/Tomcat for the most
part). Is there anyone who has made this argument yet? Are there anyone have
a url with the comparison done already or a list of reasons why .NET isn't
optimal versus the other options or on the flip side of that; why tomcat
rocks? Any help would be appreciated; I'm not looking forward to becoming
even more reliant on one company.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

Re: Why should i use Tomcat vs .NET?

Posted by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com>.
That's typical.  Almost 10 out of 10 times when an executive who champions a
humongous project, it is solely for his/her own resume or agenda.  Very
seldom it is for the good of the company as a whole.

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.
Hmm, you can still forward all the feedbacks to your CTO:)

Best

Bao

Posted by Shawn Zernik <sz...@internetworkconsulting.net>.
Linux web servers have a lower cost or ownership -> Topcat is a Linux
solution with about the same features as ASPX.

Shawn Zernik
Internetwork Consulting
www.internetworkconsulting.net