Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/07/14 20:49:13 UTC

Locationmap API and java

Hi devs,

I 'promoted' the locationmap over in lenya and some questions caught me
red handed:

> > <map:read src="{lm:resources/shared/css/{3}.css}"
>
> How would that be used from Java classes?
>
> Like I would use sourceResolver.resolveURI("fallback://..."),
> is there a Java API for LocationMaps, or is it accessible as an
> InputModule only?

Maybe somebody can help me out here. I am still only looking at the
classes and not into them. ;-)

...and
> Another point: How would loops be implemented?
> You have a chain of parents. Is it possible to use recursion?

Would be nice if somebody can explain it to us that I and Andreas can
understand it better.

BTW the thread starts here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-dev/200507.mbox/%
3c42D1943F.5060402@wyona.com%3e

and the questions raises here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-dev/200507.mbox/%
3c42D68DB5.1030300@apache.org%3e

TIA
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Locationmap API and java

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.

Re: Locationmap API and java

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I 'promoted' the locationmap over in lenya and some questions caught me
> red handed:
>

>>><map:read src="{lm:resources/shared/css/{3}.css}"
>>
>>How would that be used from Java classes?
>>
>>Like I would use sourceResolver.resolveURI("fallback://..."),
>>is there a Java API for LocationMaps, or is it accessible as an
>>InputModule only?
>

> Maybe somebody can help me out here. I am still only looking at the
> classes and not into them. ;-)

I'm a little deeper into the classes but I'm not swimming freely yet. My
hint to you is search for methods called "locate".

> ...and
>
>>Another point: How would loops be implemented?
>>You have a chain of parents. Is it possible to use recursion?
>

> Would be nice if somebody can explain it to us that I and Andreas can
> understand it better.

I've read the whole thread, but I'm missing too much context to
understand the use case. Why would one want recursion?

Ross