Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Argyn Kuketayev <Ar...@plateau.com> on 2002/07/13 04:55:46 UTC

RE: Monday Night: Free POI, lots of Pizza, And all the info you c an take in one night about POI and the Cocoon HSSF Serializer!

I wonder how many ppl do Cocoon on East Coast? If more than 3 then it's
enough to have a sort of workshop on Outer Banks some time :)

I'd love to come, but it's no way to arrange a trip from DC on that short
notice

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Sorry about that.  Maybe you can come when Conrad D'Cruz and I do our
Cocoon talk in October.

I posted something about the talk earlier on the poi list but it didn't
occur to me to post it to Cocoon until
I gave the talk to my wife tonight and realized it was just about as
much about Cocoon as POI.

I plan to give the talk again, somewhere, sometime.  Got shot down for
the ApacheCon version, but maybe
I'll use it as an excuse to get a free trip to some other JUG sometime.

-Andy

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.
I'm in MA, and slightly considering the trip, although at the moment I'm
almost comparing it to all of the mozilla 1.0 parties that sprung up
around the country: I'm just interested in meeting other people who use
Cocoon (I am only mildly interested in poi at the moment, as I have no
current uses for it). But that's a good amount of driving, and I already
live on the east coast...:)

Liam Morley

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Well if all you east coasters want to do something up here, I could
possibly see if the Trijug could sponsor (by way of having access to a
decent size auditorium) a Cocoonapalooza.  While this may seem somewhat
self-serving (since I'd go no where ;-) ).  The advantage of NC is that
its nearly equidistant between north and south (so the guy from Florida
and the guy from NY both have the same distance to travel)..

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=5426+Lake+Vista+Dr&city=Durham&state=NC&csz=Durham,+NC+27712-1925&slt=36.084674&sln=-78.955355&name=&zip=27712-1925&country=us&&BFKey=&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=5&desc=&cs=9&newmag=2&poititle=&poi=&ds=n

Other notable figures in the NC area are POI committer and original
archtiect of the HSSF Serializer, Marc Johnson.  Ken Coar of ASF and
HTTPD fame, Sam Ruby of Jakarta, and some others who have slipped my
mind at the moment.

-Andy

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

--