Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 16:31:03 UTC

Ignite Node Discovery IP config

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my Ignite nodes in such a way that:
Node1 sees Node 3 but does not see Node 2
Node2 sees Node 3 but does not see Node 1
Node3 sees Node 1 & 2

You can find the code here:

Test.java
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11957/Test.java>

However the output is as follows:

Node 1: 1
Node 2: 2
Node 3: 2

For some reason, after multiple runs, Node 3 consistently only detects one
of Node1 and Node2.

Am I missing any configuration to ensure the detection of both nodes by Node
3?

Thanks,
Ramzinator

Re: Ignite Node Discovery IP config

Posted by Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you! This helped a lot.

Re: Ignite Node Discovery IP config

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Every node can participate in single grid only.
If you need to connect to 2 (or more) grids, then you should create a
client node per grid.

If you need to divide grid into zones, then AffinityFunction should be
used. See [1] and [2] for more details.

[1]
https://dzone.com/articles/how-apache-ignite-helped-a-large-bank-process-geog-1
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I want Node 3 to find both grids.
> Since Node 3 has both Node 1 and Node 2 ips in its discovery range, my
> question is why does it only find one of them?
>
> Does Ignite node discovery stop upon the first grid discovered?
>
> Thanks
> Ramzinator

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Ignite Node Discovery IP config

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ramzinator,

This will not work in that way. All nodes in grid should be able to see
each other as via dicovery ports as via communication ports.

Node1 starts and found no one. So, you have first grid.
Node2 starts and found no one. Now, you have second grid.
Node3 starts and join to one of found grid.

Would you please clarify your use case?

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to configure my Ignite nodes in such a way that:
> Node1 sees Node 3 but does not see Node 2
> Node2 sees Node 3 but does not see Node 1
> Node3 sees Node 1 & 2
>
> You can find the code here:
>
> Test.java
> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11957/Test.java>
>
> However the output is as follows:
>
> Node 1: 1
> Node 2: 2
> Node 3: 2
>
> For some reason, after multiple runs, Node 3 consistently only detects one
> of Node1 and Node2.
>
> Am I missing any configuration to ensure the detection of both nodes by
> Node
> 3?
>
> Thanks,
> Ramzinator