Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dmitri Blinov <db...@bellwood.ru> on 2009/06/22 15:00:48 UTC

Implementation of functions INDIRECT, ISNA, ISERR and a patch to VLOOKUP

Hello,

I'm novice user of POI, I have used POI in one project and in order to
use Excel calculations that rely on INDIRECT, ISNA, ISERR and VLOOKUP
functions
I made a patch for POI  that implements those functions.Basically
INDIRECT, ISNA, ISERR were added.
VLOOKUP was altered so that in case when 3rd arg of VLOOKUP is #NA, then
the result whould also be #NA and not #REF, which is
how Excel calculates it.

I would like this functionality to be included in project. Is it welcomed?

Best regards,
Dmitri

Re: Implementation of functions INDIRECT, ISNA, ISERR and a patch to VLOOKUP

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
> Hello,
>
> I'm novice user of POI, I have used POI in one project and in order to
> use Excel calculations that rely on INDIRECT, ISNA, ISERR and VLOOKUP
> functions
> I made a patch for POI  that implements those functions.Basically
> INDIRECT, ISNA, ISERR were added.
> VLOOKUP was altered so that in case when 3rd arg of VLOOKUP is #NA, then
> the result whould also be #NA and not #REF, which is
> how Excel calculates it.
>
> I would like this functionality to be included in project. Is it welcomed?

Sure, you are very much welcome to contribute. Prepare a diff against current trunk and submit it to Bugzilla. Don't
forget to include a junit testcase.

A short guidance on how to contribute can be found at http://poi.apache.org/getinvolved/index.html

Regards,
Yegor