Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Cahn <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/10 16:52:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Enabling fprintf in PHP from Apache.

I've just written a script that uses some files to build another file on the
server.  When I run the file I get the following message

*Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: fprintf() in *
/home/rcahn/public_html/genenrollment2.php* on line *259

*When I run the same script in localhost under FC5 using apache 2.2 I don't
have any problem.  If I were programming in C I would assume I had missed
including a header file but here I'm stumped.  Any help will be appreciated.

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512

Re: [users@httpd] Enabling fprintf in PHP from Apache.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/10/06, Robert Cahn <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just written a script that uses some files to build another file on the
> server.  When I run the file I get the following message
>
>  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fprintf() in
> /home/rcahn/public_html/genenrollment2.php on line 259
>
> When I run the same script in localhost under FC5 using apache 2.2 I don't
> have any problem.  If I were programming in C I would assume I had missed
> including a header file but here I'm stumped.  Any help will be appreciated.

This type of question would get better answers on a php-specific forum.

But the most likely explanation is that you are running a version of
php that doesn't support that function.  It is only available in v5.

Joshua.