Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/09 21:32:56 UTC

Shout Out for our Mentors!

While we're in the honeymoon period following our successful launch of
Apache OpenOffice 3.4, I want to give a special SHOUT OUT! to our mentors.
We wouldn't be here at this point in the project's development without your
help and counsel. You agreed to take this podling on as huge and gnarly as
you knew it would be. OpenOffice is the largest end user-facing project in
the history of ASF. Nobody blinked. Your support has been stalwart and
steadfast. Lastly, your confidence in us, that we would eventually get most
of it right, even if we messed up some things, was most appreciated. It's
been a challenge for you, but I trust you are finding it rewarding as we
pass this first major milestone of a successful Apache Release, and look
forward to building the most successful end user productivity software
suite in the history of Apache, for the public good, of course!

Thank You!...and you know who you are, so I'm not naming names. :))

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While we're in the honeymoon period following our successful launch of
> Apache OpenOffice 3.4, I want to give a special SHOUT OUT! to our mentors.
> We wouldn't be here at this point in the project's development without your
> help and counsel. You agreed to take this podling on as huge and gnarly as
> you knew it would be. OpenOffice is the largest end user-facing project in
> the history of ASF. Nobody blinked. Your support has been stalwart and
> steadfast. Lastly, your confidence in us, that we would eventually get most
> of it right, even if we messed up some things, was most appreciated. It's
> been a challenge for you, but I trust you are finding it rewarding as we
> pass this first major milestone of a successful Apache Release, and look
> forward to building the most successful end user productivity software
> suite in the history of Apache, for the public good, of course!

+1, and also to our Champion.

-Rob

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1!
Louis

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2012/5/9 Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>

> While we're in the honeymoon period following our successful launch of
> Apache OpenOffice 3.4, I want to give a special SHOUT OUT! to our mentors.
> We wouldn't be here at this point in the project's development without your
> help and counsel. You agreed to take this podling on as huge and gnarly as
> you knew it would be. OpenOffice is the largest end user-facing project in
> the history of ASF. Nobody blinked. Your support has been stalwart and
> steadfast. Lastly, your confidence in us, that we would eventually get most
> of it right, even if we messed up some things, was most appreciated. It's
> been a challenge for you, but I trust you are finding it rewarding as we
> pass this first major milestone of a successful Apache Release, and look
> forward to building the most successful end user productivity software
> suite in the history of Apache, for the public good, of course!

+1

I'm learning with you all. :)

Best,
Albino

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>wrote:

> While we're in the honeymoon period following our successful launch of
> Apache OpenOffice 3.4, I want to give a special SHOUT OUT! to our mentors.
> We wouldn't be here at this point in the project's development without your
> help and counsel. You agreed to take this podling on as huge and gnarly as
> you knew it would be. OpenOffice is the largest end user-facing project in
> the history of ASF. Nobody blinked. Your support has been stalwart and
> steadfast. Lastly, your confidence in us, that we would eventually get most
> of it right, even if we messed up some things, was most appreciated. It's
> been a challenge for you, but I trust you are finding it rewarding as we
> pass this first major milestone of a successful Apache Release, and look
> forward to building the most successful end user productivity software
> suite in the history of Apache, for the public good, of course!
>
> Thank You!...and you know who you are, so I'm not naming names. :))

+1 !!!

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
+1 for helping us find our Apache Way !!!

Carl

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
Applause to the mentors!

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Thank you mentors for your ongoing guidance and support.

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I think, we are lucky, our mentors are very patient ;)
Thank you very much and please be with us until our graduation :)

Thanks,
khirano
--
khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice (incubating)

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Yue Helen <he...@gmail.com>.
+1. Thanks our mentors by providing us guidance, clarity, and leadership to
the community!

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1! Big thanks to our mentors!!!

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
a big +1

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
On 10.05.2012 00:26, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I wouldn't make too much fuss over what the mentors did.
> Yes this project had a very good pool compared to what most
> incubating projects have to deal with, but the public accolades
> surrounding the successful release belong to the committers
> and the supporting community on this project.  Most of our time
> as mentors was focusedon social/legal issues,

As I had a small insight into the legal problems (with removing the
category-X licensed code and such; not much fun) this makes the mentors
contribution even more important.

Thank you,

Andre

not technical issues.

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On May 9, 2012, at 3:39 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> On May 9, 2012 11:26 PM, "Joe Schaefer" <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> You've exceeded our expectations to get to this point so quickly,
>>

> +1

:-D

I've really learned a lot this year! Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Dave

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
I wouldn't make too much fuss over what the mentors did.
Yes this project had a very good pool compared to what most
incubating projects have to deal with, but the public accolades
surrounding the successful release belong to the committers
and the supporting community on this project.  Most of our time
as mentors was focusedon social/legal issues, not technical issues.

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
A big thank you from me, too. ^_*'

Re: Shout Out for our Mentors!