Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Bayless Kirtley <bk...@cox.net> on 2008/04/07 01:37:05 UTC

Boolean data type

I read that the next release of Derby would support the Boolean data type. Does anyone know if this is correct? Is there an estimate on when such a release might be available?

Thanks
Bayless

Re: Boolean data type

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Bayless,

Here's the link to DERBY-499:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-499 The functional spec
attached to that issue is called "BooleanFS.html". The issue also
contains substantial commentary on an aborted earlier attempt to add the
boolean datatype.

I'm happy to answer any questions which you have about the functional
spec or the earlier attempt. I'm also happy to provide advice to anyone
who would like to implement the spec.

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Re: Boolean data type