Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sean <ja...@wideasleep.com> on 2001/03/07 17:46:37 UTC

[C2] nowrap in tables

I had a question, other then doing a CDATA wrap around it, is there any way
to output the nowrap tag in the html output rendering stream in Cocoon 2?

Example

According to the html4.0 spec nowrap is depreciated BUT, 90% of the browsers
out there do not support the replacement CSS style property
"white-space:nowrap".  So my question stands, other then hacking a
<![CDATA[nowrap]]> in all my tables?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: [C2] nowrap in tables

Posted by Jonathan Fuerth <fu...@sqlpower.ca>.
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:46:37AM -0600, Sean wrote:
> Example
> [...]
> "white-space:nowrap".  So my question stands, other then hacking a
> <![CDATA[nowrap]]> in all my tables?

Yeah, just use <td nowrap="anything you want">This will not wrap</td>.
The HTML output method strips attribute values (="anything you want")
from boolean attributes in the generated HTML.

Jonathan

Re: [C2] nowrap in tables

Posted by Sean <ja...@wideasleep.com>.
Actually the funny thing is, I cannot even get the <![CDATA[nowrap]]> I
thought that would work to work.  I tried:

But the Cocoon or Xerces parser barfs on that.  I also tried:

   <![CDATA[<td nowrap>]]>

But that outputted &lt; and &gt; instead of the actual < or > characters.
So my question changes a bit, is this at ALL possible to get this nowrap
into a td element via Cocoon?

Thanks,
Sean

RE: [C2] nowrap in tables