Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 05:39:06 UTC

About Hive Index

Hi,

I build a compact index IX for table A as follows,

create index IX on table A(a, b) as 'COMPACT'
with deferred rebuild
in table A_IX.

When I run the following query,
select c, d from A
where a='a_v' and b ='b_v';

I got the following error:
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: No partition predicate found for Alias
"A_IX" Table "A_IX"
FAILED: Hive Internal Error: java.lang.NullPointerException(null).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Best wishes,
Lin

Re: About Hive Index