Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2014/02/26 00:02:31 UTC

Eclipse Aether resolution lockingup

Hey guys,

The problem I saw when testing 3.2.1 ( but also hit under 3.1.1 at the
time, and went away ) seems to happening a lot more often under 3.2.1.

I've raised http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5592 to track this.

This is on a project that contains about 20 or so artefacts resolved via
version ranges of which my .m2/repository has a mixture of SNAPSHOTs and
released versions.

Running maven with -X doesn't seem to produce anything useful, but
running with -X -U  makes it look like Aether is now trying to resolve
repositories possibly declared in the pom.xml files from the upstream
artefacts and just taking a hell of a long long long long LONG time?

Repeated runs of stack against the maven process shows that things are
not locked, but just.... slow as buggery.

Any thoughts?