Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Joel Dubbels <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/03/16 20:22:31 UTC

ResourceInitializationException for DataResource_impl

Trying to get UIMA AS running for the first time...when I run I get this
error in my uima.log.   I'm suspecting that my classpath is goofed up
someplace, but am not sure where.  I was thinking as long as I had
UIMA_HOME and JAVA_HOME set correctly, things should just work.  I looked
in the console and the jars that contain
org.apache.uima.resource.impl.DataResource_impl are in the "JVM Loaded
jars" portion of the run console.  But, it's not a class not found error
so that's probably not it.  Could it be a bad data resource value in a
property file I need to change someplace?  Any suggestions/guidance is
much appreciated.  Thanks.

3/16/11 2:02:49 PM - 1:
org.apache.uima.adapter.jms.activemq.SpringContainerDeployer.notifyOnInitializationFailure:
WARNING: Top Level Controller Initialization Exception. Cause:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Error
initializing "org.apache.uima.resource.impl.DataResource_impl" from
descriptor file:/C:/myAnnotator.xml.

Joel Dubbels
IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences Solutions Development
Phone: 507-253-1165
Internet:dubbels@us.ibm.com

Re: ResourceInitializationException for DataResource_impl

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this will help but try to set -Duima.datapath=<path> where path
is a directory containing
sentdetect/EnglishSD.bin

Check Uima Reference manual included in the binary distribution page 21.

There you 'll find "...The URL has to start with file:(or some other
protocol). It is relative to either the classpath or the “data path”. The
data path workslike the classpath but can be set programmatically via
ResourceManager.setDataPath().
Setting the Java System property uima.datapath also works...."

JC

Posted by Joel Dubbels <du...@us.ibm.com>.
[...]

From:
Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>