Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doug Chamberlin <dc...@andoversoftware.com> on 2003/06/02 15:49:50 UTC

SSL error 40

I just changed the server certificate on a Tomcat 4.04 standalone server
and now get "Secure connection: fatal error (40) from server. Failed to
connect to server." errors.

I deleted the old certificate and imported the new one with the same alias
in the keystore. I then restarted the Tomcat service (this is under WIndows
2000).

I think some configuration settings were changed since the last time Tomcat
was restarted because I don't think the certificate change itself would
cause these errors (but I'm not sure). I did reinstall the old certificate
and restart the service and still get the errors!

Any pointers to where in the server.xml file I should look for
changes/settings which directly relate to this error?

Re: SSL error 40

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 21:49, Doug Chamberlin wrote:
> I just changed the server certificate on a Tomcat 4.04 standalone server
> and now get "Secure connection: fatal error (40) from server. Failed to
> connect to server." errors.

Is that error just in your browser? Try increasing your debug level in the
connector tag for SSL and see if any error messages within your log file
shine some light on the problem.

Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
webmaster@kde.org