Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Hannum, Daniel" <Da...@PremierInc.com> on 2007/07/10 22:47:47 UTC

Facelets PPR id question (should I submit a JIRA?)

I found this article:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Facelets_with_Trinidad

There's a section, "Using Trinidad PPR (Partial Page Rendering) with
Facelets", which discusses an issue where unless you have id's on all
your command components, you get the same page redisplayed instead of
where you wanted to go.

I was getting bitten in the ass by this for a long time until I finally
stumbled across that footnote.

I didn't see a JIRA issue to address this? I'm prepared to add one if
there isn't. Is it a Trinidad issue or a Facelets issue? Does anyone
know?

Thanks

Dan

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
received this communication in error, please notify the Sender
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.

RE: Facelets PPR id question (should I submit a JIRA?)

Posted by "Hannum, Daniel" <Da...@PremierInc.com>.
Thanks. I hope he does. It's a really annoying issue and you have to
find a certain page in the wiki to understand what's really going on.

Posted by Robert Stokes <rs...@fs.fed.us>.
Dan,

It's a facelet issue, I don't remember all of the specifics but on a ppr
request, facelets is regenerating the component tree for some reason and
will assign a new id if you don't have one set. The different id causes the
action to never happen. A person I work with did a patch to facelets to fix
the issue, but I don't think he ever submitted back to the facelets
project. I'll try to find out if he remembers the specifics.

Rob Stokes

             "Hannum, Daniel"
             <Daniel_Hannum@Pr
             emierInc.com>                                              To
                                       "MyFaces Discussion"
             07/10/2007 02:47          <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Facelets PPR id question (should I