Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by quikdraw2700 <qu...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/08 04:19:42 UTC

Re: [M2] How to Compile Code with JDK 1.3

Brett,

I'm switching this to the DEV list; Rod and I had a few problems. I'm
attaching a diff.txt file
of the changes made to the maven-compiler-plugin. We also made some
changes as you
predicted to the plexus-compiler-api and plexus-compiler-javac
modules. We were not
able to successfully use CVS or SVN to checkout any projects from the
Plexus project.
So we used ViewCVS to navigate to each individual file and save each
file off locally. This
is why the diff.txt file only includes the changes made to the Maven module.

We think we're on the right track with the changes made thus far.
Please help us out by
letting us know:

- How to checkout the Plexus modules.

- What else is required in order to submit patches once we are able to
successfully
check all necessary modules out.

- Are we on the right track with this change. Please review the
attached ZIP file and
let us know if we are going down the recommended path, and what you see that is
left in order to wrap this change up and get it in the build.

I look forward to your feedback. I hope this MOD will help others as well.

Thanks, Derek----
quikdraw2700@gmail.com

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
quikdraw2700 wrote:

>- How to checkout the Plexus modules.

svn co https://svn.codehaus.org/plexus/trunk
or
svn co svn://svn.codehaus.org/home/projects/plexus/trunk

(you may want to just get the plexus-components/plexus-compiler subtree).

>- What else is required in order to submit patches once we are able to
>successfully
>check all necessary modules out.

just an "svn diff" command, submitted as an attachment to JIRA.

>- Are we on the right track with this change. Please review the
>attached ZIP file and
>let us know if we are going down the recommended path, and what you see that is
>left in order to wrap this change up and get it in the build.

I'll have to take a look (I received them in my private mail) later. I
should get back to you tomorrow.

>I look forward to your feedback. I hope this MOD will help others as well.

Yes, that'd be great. Trygve was looking at starting this modification
and was going to ping you, but I don't think he has begun on it yet so
we'll take a look at this.

- Brett