Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by vivek madurai <vi...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/01/31 11:58:53 UTC

Documentation for OCM

OCM looks very interesting,I am interested in learning how to persist Java
Objects,Association,Composition and Aggregation relationship using OCM into
Jackrabbit.I cannot find any detail help or document about this.
Please can any one send me some links,which has detailed documentation and
some Test cases to persist java Objects into Jackrabbit.

thanks in advance,
Vivek

Re: Documentation for OCM

Posted by Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>.
Thursday 31 January 2008 18:49:20 Michael Lake написав:
> I would like to point out how INCREDIBLY annoying the navigation for
> the site is.
>
> try clicking architecture and then one of the sublinks..you see the
> architecture menu go away.
>
> this little irritating thing is almost enough to deter me from
> jackrabbit.

I ought suggest you not to be so quick with decisions. Actually Jackrabbit is
great and valuable software with a lot of innovations and promissing
features. It is my developer's opinion and I'm not a member of the team.

Yes, documentation and website are as bad as it's hard to imagine. But 1) this
maillist is very responsive and 2) guys working hard (I hope) to dramaticaly
improve subj.

I suggest you to download sources, use javadocs and dig into a bit if you have
time.

 TO TEAM: may be it's a good idea to have developers' and active users' blog,
more open wiki space where users can help each other in more convinent way
then maillist?
--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE

Re: Documentation for OCM

Posted by Alex Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>.
Thursday 31 January 2008 19:25:39 Michael Lake написав:
> sweet, I must have missed that post.
>
> so is anyone in the jackrabbit community following the blogs going on
> about the love/hate relationship with maven2?
>
> nobody has made any plans here to switch from maven to something else,
> right?
>
> can everyone agree that maven + ide integration generally sucks?

I use netbeans 6.0. It is not ideal but maven2 modules are quite usable. Maven
modules must be downloaded from update site by IDE updater. You  can open
maven2 project as native IDE project. Even debugger works without major
glitches.

I remember the same attitude when ant was introduced...
--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE

Re: Documentation for OCM

Posted by Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com>.

On Jan 31, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Jan 31, 2008 7:25 PM, Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com> wrote:
>> so is anyone in the jackrabbit community following the blogs going on
>> about the love/hate relationship with maven2?
>>
>> nobody has made any plans here to switch from maven to something
>> else,
>> right?
>
> We're currently voting on dev@ to switch away from Maven to Confluence
> for managing the Jackrabbit web site, but we're certainly going to
> stick with Maven as the Jackrabbit build environment. Personally I'm
> very happy with us using Maven for that purpose.

That's all good news. I don't love maven, but I think it's the best
tool available right now.

Re: Documentation for OCM

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Documentation for OCM

Posted by Michael Lake <ml...@netvue.com>.
sweet, I must have missed that post.

so is anyone in the jackrabbit community following the blogs going on
about the love/hate relationship with maven2?

nobody has made any plans here to switch from maven to something else,
right?

can everyone agree that maven + ide integration generally sucks?

-mike

Re: Documentation for OCM

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,