Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kevin Waugh <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 19:16:50 UTC

[betwixt] empty string bug and fix

Hello I was directed to send this patch here.

Description of bug:  Write a bean with an empty string property to xml
using elements for primitive types and then read the bean back in.
The bean that was read will have a null string, not an empty one.

Description of fix: The stringToObject method of
ConvertUtilsObjectStringConverter does not adhere to the description
in the javadoc. (Even after the patch I guess it technically still
doesn't, but that's another story).

It's a one line fix, but I attached a patch against the latest
subversion snapshot anyway.

Thanks,

 - Kevin

Re: [betwixt] empty string bug and fix

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
I think attachments get stripped (least I'm not seeing one).

If you create a JIRA issue for it at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BETWIXT then you can easily
attach the patch there.

Thanks,