Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/28 22:29:46 UTC

Remove markup from MarkupException's message

When a markup exception is thrown because some component has a wicket:id in
the markup but was not added to the page, we shown the markup twice: one in
the exception message and stacktrace, and later in the markup panel with a
very helpful red identifying span.
The latter is rather useful, but is obscured by the first markup in the
exception string.

I want to propose to remove the markup from the exception message.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-rc1/

Re: Remove markup from MarkupException's message

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
what if you are looking in logs? at least leave some info that is
helpful to identify where the error is

-igor