Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mo...@comcast.net on 2017/01/06 22:08:08 UTC

Tomcat 8 memory leak (?) moving from GlassFish

In the processing of moving my Flex 4.12 web app from GlassFish 3.1.2 to Tomcat 8.5.9, I observe the following SEVERE error in the tomcat log. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, recommend how to address it?

06-Jan-2017 13:49:07.644 SEVERE [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [myApp] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@4d6e6d7b]) and a value of type [flex.messaging.io.SerializationContext] (value [flex.messaging.io.SerializationContext@66135428]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Re: Tomcat 8 memory leak (?) moving from GlassFish

Posted by mo...@comcast.net.
Thanks Chris,

I must be doing something wrong.

If I add either subscription-timeout-minutes or message-time-to-live (or both) to the remoting-config.xml file, I get HTTP status 500 (internal server error).

Is that the right file to place them in?

And, does timeout-minutes belong in services-config.xml?