Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Chang Wang <bi...@hotmail.com> on 2022/06/02 15:31:16 UTC

Solr becomes extremely slow after moving to another machine

Hi All,

I have a machine (EC2 instance) on AWS with solr 6.6 installed. I recently created an image of it (AMI), and
used the image to launch another EC2 instance (same type, same zone). For people unfamiliar with AWS: creating an image is like a disk copy.
The new instance has exactly the same setup & contents as the old machine, so my expectation is the solr performances on both machines should be similar.
However, the search on the new machine is extremely slow, like 50 times slower.  All other applications on the new machine are normal.

The only difference that I can imagine is that the solr data on the old machine was indexed organically. The solr data on the new machine was from a disk copy.
I have tried multiple things like restarting machine, restarting solr, giving solr more memory, but have not made any progresses yet.

Has anyone seen similar problems or happen to know the solution?

Thanks,
Chang

Re: Solr becomes extremely slow after moving to another machine

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Is the iops the same on both machines?

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.