Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2008/05/16 15:35:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r656839 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: STATUS.txt java/org/apache/jasper/compiler/Validator.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 14:08 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
> >> java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$DirectiveVisitor.comparePageEncodings(Validator.java:330)
>
> Yep, my bad. I'll take a look over the weekend. Fix should be simple.

Woops, I hadn't rereviewed the thing, since it looked the sme as my own
patch.
There's a if (configEnc != null) { block just after it, which could be
used. pageDirEnc cannot possibly be null, right ?

Rémy

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>>>>>
>>> Yep, my bad. I'll take a look over the weekend. Fix should be simple.
>>
>> Woops, I hadn't rereviewed the thing, since it looked the sme as my own
>> patch.
>> There's a if (configEnc != null) { block just after it, which could be
>> used. pageDirEnc cannot possibly be null, right ?
>>
>> Rémy
>
> Based on the line number in the stacktrace, it is thePageDirEnc which is
> null.  I need to do some testing for this one. It looks like there might
> always have been a NPE risk here.
>
> Mark

For whatever reason, it appears the line numbers didn't quite agree. Remy
is correct that pageDirEnc can't be null. Further down the method, neither
can pageEnc so it is only with configEnc that an NPE could occur.

I have patched trunk and will propose this for 6.0.x shortly.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.