Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/10/10 07:35:13 UTC

Planning for the creation of the new 17.xx branch(es)

Hi all,

I think it is time to start thinking about if, when, how we should create
the new release branch out of the trunk. Actually, for the first time, we
should probably create two branches: one for the framework and one for the
plugins.
What do you think?

In my opinion we could try to get all the changes we want to have in the
trunk to be included in the branch by end of November: this means that the
the creation of the branch could happen at the end of November.
If this is the case then the names could be:
release17.11-framework
release17.11-plugins

The above is for the release *branches* only, not for the actual releases.
We could decide at a later point if the actual releases will be shipped as
two separate products (e.g. "Apache OFBiz Framework 17.11.01" and "Apache
OFBiz Plugins 17.11.01") or merged into one (e.g. "Apache OFBiz 17.11.01").

Best regards,

Jacopo

Re: Planning for the creation of the new 17.xx branch(es)

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1,  good idea! And yes it is about the right time to start focussing on
this.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacopo, all,

yes, we should definitely plan the next release.

Only thinking briefly about it, I would like to have the following
things completed before the release:

- FindBugs and refactoring tasks (at least most of it, needs two or
three rounds of review-and-commit sessions)

- the common theme work

There may be others, I need some silent minutes to think about it later.
November might be a bit too tight for these, maybe we could have a
December release?

What do you think?

Best regards,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1, that sounds indeed like the right time

Jacques

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Swapnil Mane <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1 Jacopo.

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1.

Sounds good to me.

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1 perfect make sense.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

If nobody minds I'd prefer to wait a month more (or a bit less)

I have several actions pending and my mind is in a mess because of that.

So 15+ days more would help

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is done, the default theme in trunk is now Rainbow Saphir, see OFBIZ-9990/9924

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Jacopo,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Regards,

Michael

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done

Jacques

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
sound good +1

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Great, thank you, Jacopo!

Regards,

Michael

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacopo and all who participated in this release.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for feedback Deepak,

Done

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done :)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Deepak,

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Deepak, All,

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Michael,

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>
wrote:

> Regarding the website:
>
> 1. do we keep the 16.11 listed there as the stable release branch and add
> 17.12?
>
> 2. the repository path for 16.11 is wrong on the current website

release16.11 repository path is correct on website
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release16.11

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Regarding the website:

Posted by James Yong <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacques,

I can help with the cluster implementation and test. Need to plan a time for it. Will be a new JIRA issue as you mentioned.

Regards,
James Yong

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's a good idea James.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Dec 19, 2017 1:31 PM, "Jacopo Cappellato" <

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
There are 3 tasks that I'd like to be completed/committed before we create the R17 branch (or maybe a R18 one)

 1. Tomcat SSO: OFBIZ-10047
 2. Upgrade jQuery 1.11.0 to jQuery 3.2.1: OFBIZ-9978
 3. The thread "OFBiz & gradlew-wrapper.jar" in this ML: http://markmail.org/message/nd7grfiyobjkfwae

 1. For jQuery it's just a matter of completing, most it done
 2. Tomcat SSO is complete, but Michael is reluctant because it has not been tested with a cluster.
 3. For OFBiz & gradlew-wrapper.jar please refer to LEGAL-288 before continuing the discussion

So I ask for a lazy consensus about them, what are your opinions (please look at the Jiras and ML I don't want to rehash all here)?

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacopo, all,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

At 1s glance, I can't see any problems with individual plugins releases: +1

Jacques

Posted by Arun Patidar <ar...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1, good idea and good timing.

--
Thanks & Regards
---
Manager, Enterprise Software Development

HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.

www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,