Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by MikeCrosby <mc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/30 19:54:54 UTC

SSOIFramePortlet and Credentials, JS2.0

I'm not sure if I understand how Jetspeed handles SSO.  I have created a
portlet that uses the SSOIFramePortlet to display a secure page.  I am able
to get the page to display in the IFrame portlet, however, the user does not
get logged in.

In the administration SSO manager, I've created the site entry.  For the
Site URL field, I included the URL for the login page.  The login page has
two basic fields "username" and "password", that get submitted.

For example, if I submit a URL similar to the following, the user is logged
in appropriately (note the extra "doLogin" parameter in the URL):

http://server/page?doLogin=true&username=testuser&password=secret

So for the entry, I did the following:

Site Name:  TestSite
Site URL:  http://server/page?doLogin=true
Site Realm:  TestSite Realm
Field for User Id:  username
Field for Password:  password

I then created the principal information for a test user to log into the
remote site.

Portal Principal:  PortalUser
Remote Principal:  testuser
Remote Credential: secret

I've included in the jetspeed-portlet.xml file the following snippet:
	<js:services>
	    <js:service name="SSO"/>
	</js:services>

In the portlet.xml, I've defined the following:

	<portlet id="testExternalSite">
        <description>Places an HTML IFrame inside a portlet for easily
hosting other web application within a portlet. Sizes of both normal and
maximized modes are configurable in edit mode.</description>
        <portlet-name>ExternalSite</portlet-name>
        <display-name>External Site</display-name>

<portlet-class>org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.SSOIFramePortlet</portlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <name>portlet-icon</name>
            <value>applications-internet.png</value>
        </init-param>
        <expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache>
        <supports>
            <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
            <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
        </supports>
        <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
        <portlet-info>
            <title>External Site</title>
            <short-title>External Site</short-title>
            <keywords>iframe,web,frame,content</keywords>
        </portlet-info>
        <portlet-preferences>
            <preference>
                <name>SRC</name>
                <value>http://server/mainpage</value>
            </preference>
            <!-- Don't specify a HEIGHT if you want a normal filled out
layout
            because percentage values result in the content not to be
displayed on IE6.
            Specific values are ok though.
            -->
	    <preference>
		<name>HEIGHT</name>
		<value>800</value>
	    </preference>
            <preference>
                <name>WIDTH</name>
                <value>100%</value>
            </preference>
            <preference>
                <name>MAX-WIDTH</name>
                <value>100%</value>
            </preference>
            <preference>
                <name>SCROLLING</name>
                <value>AUTO</value>
            </preference>
	    <preference>
		<name>sso.type</name>
		<value>url</value>
	    </preference>
        </portlet-preferences>
    </portlet>

When PortalUser logs in to the portal, I see the mainpage of the site in the
IFrame, but the user is not logged in.  I don't see any errors in the log,
but then again, I don't see anything related to SSO in the log.  Can anyone
provide some pointers about how to use the SSOIFramePortlet?

Thanks!

Re: SSOIFramePortlet and Credentials, JS2.0

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Mar 30, 2007, at 11:47 AM, MikeCrosby wrote:

> I discovered the error of my ways....
>
> I looked at the source code for SSOIFramePortlet and realized that
> in the
> portlet.xml, I had to define the username and password parameter
> names.  So
> under the "sso.type" preference, I added the following:
>
> 	    <preference>
> 		<name>sso.url.Principal</name>
> 		<value>username</value>
> 	    </preference>
> 	    <preference>
> 		<name>sso.url.Credential</name>
> 		<value>password</value>
> 	    </preference>
>
> This looks like it resolved the issue I was encountering.  I'm
> still not
> sure why it's not pulling these from the SSO datastore, but I'm not
> going to
> question it as long as this works.  Maybe this will help someone
> else in the
> future.

That sounds about right
The SSO IFrame portlet needs some reviewing and improvements
I've created a JIRA Issue for the 2.1.1 release to "cleanup and test"
this portlet
Thanks for the input

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-671

Re: SSOIFramePortlet and Credentials, JS2.0

Posted by MikeCrosby <mc...@yahoo.com>.