Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Brian Dolan <bu...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/01 23:09:39 UTC

using UIMA add-ons.

Hello Group,

I am looking to fold several of the UIMA-Addons into an application I'm building.  Since not all of them are set up for PEAR packaging, is there a robust alternative method?  In particular, I'd like to use the ConceptMapper first.

Thanks in advance,

Re: using UIMA add-ons.

Posted by Brian Dolan <bu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for getting back, and I'm sorry if I was vague.

I'm building and application, call brian.jar.  WIthin brian.jar, I want to run documents through the UIMA pipeline, including using the stop word functionality of the ConceptMapper. After including the uima-addons in my pom.xml (this is a maven project) and setting up my xml files, I still get a No Class Def error.  There are precious few examples for a newbie like me using UIMA, so the best I could come up with was trying to use PEAR.  No luck with that one either.

Aside from PEAR packaging, is there a good way to include the addons and avoid the No Class Def error?

On Feb 4, 2013, at 2:19 AM, Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

2013/2/1 Brian Dolan <bu...@yahoo.com>

> Hello Group,
>
> I am looking to fold several of the UIMA-Addons into an application I'm
> building.  Since not all of them are set up for PEAR packaging, is there a
> robust alternative method?

what do you mean here exactly?

> In particular, I'd like to use the ConceptMapper first.

if you build from sources you'll get the jars but also a pearPackaging
directory which can be zipped as a pear as well.

Tommaso

Re: using UIMA add-ons.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,