Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by subhashgo <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/20 22:52:18 UTC

Error with new SCM provider

I tried to replicate the steps from
http://maven.apache.org/scm/guide/new_provider.html but keep hitting the
same error while executing "mvn scm:list"

org.apache.maven.scm.manager.NoSuchScmProviderException: No such provider:
'myown'.

I looked up this forum for clues and found
http://www.nabble.com/Custom-SCM-Provider-td13305922.html but that seems
outdated since the dependencies etc. mentioned in the pom differ so much

Here are the steps I followed:
1. Create a maven project with the name maven-scm-provider-myown
2. Replicate pom.xml, MyScmProvider and MyScmProviderRepository from the
tutorial page above
3. Run "mvn install" on the above project. The jar seems to be created fine
in the repository
4. Run "mvn scm:list" on a different project with connection scm:myown:...

Please help me understand what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks in advance,
Subhash

Re: Error with new SCM provider

Posted by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@emdev.ru>.
OK - as I said - I'm not maven-scm developer to be sure in my suggestion

2008/10/21 subhashgo <su...@gmail.com>

> Thanks,
>
> But I am almost sure this is not the issue. I specified the plexus javadoc
> tags correctly and the installed provider jar does have a similar
> components.xml under META-INF/plexus
>
> Subhash
>

> Alexey Kakunin-3 wrote:
> >
> > Hi!I cannot be sure 100% I'm right, since I'm not maven-scm developer,
> but
> > it I've got same error then plexus component manager, used for creating
> > provider class but specified scm name cannot find it.
> >
> > Possible solution: Add into your project META-INF folder folder plexus,
> > and
> > file components.xml into it like followed:
> >
> http://www.emforge.org/project/ExtendedMavenSCM/browser/maven-scm-provider-hg/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml
> >
> > (of course don't forget to change it to your scm name and class)
> >
> > Hope it will help!
> >
> > Not sure 100% but it looks like
> >
> > 2008/10/21 subhashgo <su...@gmail.com>
> >

> >> I tried to replicate the steps from
> >> http://maven.apache.org/scm/guide/new_provider.html but keep hitting
> the
> >> same error while executing "mvn scm:list"
> >>
> >> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.NoSuchScmProviderException: No such
> >> provider:
> >> 'myown'.
> >>
> >> I looked up this forum for clues and found
> >> http://www.nabble.com/Custom-SCM-Provider-td13305922.html but that
> seems
> >> outdated since the dependencies etc. mentioned in the pom differ so much
> >>
> >> Here are the steps I followed:
> >> 1. Create a maven project with the name maven-scm-provider-myown
> >> 2. Replicate pom.xml, MyScmProvider and MyScmProviderRepository from the
> >> tutorial page above
> >> 3. Run "mvn install" on the above project. The jar seems to be created
> >> fine
> >> in the repository
> >> 4. Run "mvn scm:list" on a different project with connection
> >> scm:myown:...
> >>
> >> Please help me understand what I am doing wrong here.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Subhash
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > With best regards,
> > Alexey Kakunin

With best regards,
Alexey Kakunin

Re: Error with new SCM provider

Posted by subhashgo <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@emdev.ru>.
Hi!I cannot be sure 100% I'm right, since I'm not maven-scm developer, but
it I've got same error then plexus component manager, used for creating
provider class but specified scm name cannot find it.

Possible solution: Add into your project META-INF folder folder plexus, and
file components.xml into it like followed:
http://www.emforge.org/project/ExtendedMavenSCM/browser/maven-scm-provider-hg/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml

(of course don't forget to change it to your scm name and class)

Hope it will help!

Not sure 100% but it looks like

2008/10/21 subhashgo <su...@gmail.com>

> I tried to replicate the steps from
> http://maven.apache.org/scm/guide/new_provider.html but keep hitting the
> same error while executing "mvn scm:list"
>
> org.apache.maven.scm.manager.NoSuchScmProviderException: No such provider:
> 'myown'.
>
> I looked up this forum for clues and found
> http://www.nabble.com/Custom-SCM-Provider-td13305922.html but that seems
> outdated since the dependencies etc. mentioned in the pom differ so much
>
> Here are the steps I followed:
> 1. Create a maven project with the name maven-scm-provider-myown
> 2. Replicate pom.xml, MyScmProvider and MyScmProviderRepository from the
> tutorial page above
> 3. Run "mvn install" on the above project. The jar seems to be created fine
> in the repository
> 4. Run "mvn scm:list" on a different project with connection scm:myown:...
>
> Please help me understand what I am doing wrong here.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Subhash

With best regards,
Alexey Kakunin