Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2005/09/30 14:10:55 UTC

maven and cactus

Hello,

I filled this issue about 1 month ago.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CACTUS-228

Apart from someone confirming the issue, i got no response to this problem.
Is the cactus team monitoring bug track? Can some of you confirm the
existence
of this issue. We are unable to use cactus as long as it's not fixed.

Re: maven and cactus

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
Tomcat 5.5.X will be supported when the cargo integration will be finallize.

Nicolas,

RE: maven and cactus

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi David,

All JIRA updates arrive on the dev list so the Cactus development teams see
them.  The problem is more acting on them... :-)

As Nicolas mentioned, we are currently working on a big overhaul. You may
have heard about Cargo (http://cargo.codehaus.org). Cargo was started about
a year ago. It's goal was to offer a proper Java API to manipulate
container. It's a Cactus spring-off. We had lots of code in Cactus to handle
containers. This has now been fully moved to Cargo. The step we are
currently in is to refactor Cactus to use Cargo and remove all the
container-related code. Xuan has worked on this this past summer and theer
are patches in JIRA for this. We now need to apply them, test everything,
package it up and release a new Cactus version.

This has the added advantage of bringing to Cactus users all the new
features available in Cargo (new container support like Tomcat 5.x and
5.5.x, hot deployment, etc).

Thanks
-Vincent