Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2005/04/12 18:18:47 UTC

Create new Portal

Hi, i try to create a new portal, call myPortal.
I copy all the sources from the jetspeed to this new project into the eclipse.
Delete al .java, and export the jetspeed-2.0-M2.jar to myPortal/WEB-INF/lib directory

Then i add this directory to the server.xml in the tomcat configuration, and start tomcat.
The idea is to leave the jetspeed as the original, and create a new portal, with all my configuration, then delete the jetspeed, to leave only myPortal in the tomcat.

But have a serveral problems. I dont know if this is the right way to do this ?
Its possible to create a new portal (not modify the jetspeed), i dont want to work a project with de .java of the portal, beacuse i dont go to modify it.
I only want to modify some property files, and pages. And got the portal implementation (portal Project) in a jar, inside the WEB-INF/lib

Please i need some help !!!!!