Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Craig Chariton <ch...@roguewave.com> on 2006/03/09 23:10:47 UTC

Documentation Issue for Windows Platforms

I am working with the library on Windows.  In Section 4 Source Directory
Structure of the README document, it shows the directory tree.  It currently
shows as follows:

+- etc/

    +- config

       +- nls

       +- src

The structure on Windows shows the following:

+- etc/

    +- config/

        |      |

        |      + src

        |      + windows

       +- nls

If this is correct, and it differs from the directory structure for UNIX, it
would be good to have a diagram showing the Windows directory structure in
the README document.

Craig Chariton

Re: Documentation Issue for Windows Platforms

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Craig Chariton wrote:
> I am working with the library on Windows.  In Section 4 Source Directory
> Structure of the README document, it shows the directory tree.  It
> currently
> shows as follows:

I can't quite make out your ASCII diagram but the problem I see
in the README is the incorrect location of the etc/nls/ directory.
I just fixed it with the change below.

Other than that, there's just one directory structure (rooted at
TOPDIR) that's the same on both UNIX and Windows. It corresponds
to the structure in Subversion:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/etc/config

Martin