Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Yu...@McAfee.com on 2004/10/22 22:42:36 UTC

Set SMTPAppender to use IIS SMTP services

Hi,

I use log4net to log errors for a .NET web application, and send email
via SMTPappender using IIS SMTP services. It works fine during
development. After I deployed to the server using web setup, the log
emails are not sending out.

The SMTPhost is set as the computer name of the server. I have tested
IIS SMTP services using system.web.mail and set SMTPserver either as the
computer name or blank. The server is hosting multiple localized sites
with different IP addresses.

How to set the SMTPhost to use IIS SMTP services?

Thanks,
Kate Wu