Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Raju444us <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/30 20:04:31 UTC

custome query parser.

How to write a custom query parser?When i get a query from client I have to
parse it and append that field with a charecter for searching on that
field.Can anyone tried this.
Please help me in doing this.How to configure this queryparser in solr.

Thanks,
Raju

Re: custome query parser.

Posted by Umar Shah <um...@wisdomtap.com>.
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Raju444us <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to write a custom query parser?When i get a query from client I have to
> parse it and append that field with a charecter for searching on that
> field.Can anyone tried this.

It's not exactly clear what you want to achieve. You can use a servlet
filter to parse the query and modify the query. We do it that way. If
you are using solr in webapp then it should be easier for you to do
the same thing.

> Please help me in doing this.How to configure this queryparser in solr.

if you have already extendet the QParser class to handle the query ,
all that you need is to package the class into a jar file (i,e.  jar
contains package.pluginclass)

 and put the following lines in your solrconfig.xml

  <requestHandler name="qpname" class="package.pluginclass">
 	          <lst name="defaults">
 	                  <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
	          </lst>
  </requestHandler>

send the query with the param wt=qpname to get the result

> Thanks,
> Raju

Umar Shah
Research Engineer
Wisdomtap Solutions India (P) Ltd.
Get WisdomRank for your products @  http://services.wisdomtap.com

View opinions and recommendations about:

Point and Shoot Cameras,  DSLRs Lenses at http://www.wisdomtap.com/camera/

Mobile Phones at http://www.wisdomtap.com/mobile

Access above services from your mobile devices from http://m.wisdomtap.com