Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/24 07:07:23 UTC

maven logging issue

I've been working on several log4j related projects with Maven recently and
I've started having errors during site generation start occurring on
projects that had been working. The symptom is: Error loading report
org.apache.maven.plugin.jxr.JxrReport - AbstractMethodError:
canGenerateReport()

And will disappear if the ${ reports} is removed from src/site/site.xml.

I've been experiencing the problem with Maven 2.0.6 or Maven 2.0.4 java
version "1.5.0_07" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.5.0_07-164) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode,
sharing)

and still had the problem after deleting my local repository.

To reproduce the problem, check out the following project:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/component

and then do "mvn site"

thanks,

DT,

www.ejinz.com

Search Technology Economy News

Re: maven logging issue

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Are you using log4j directly? Or are you using it via commons logging? If
the latter, you might have to configure commons logging to use something
other than log4j (like the java log). If not, then I've not heard of this
problem.

Eric

On 7/24/07, Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've been working on several log4j related projects with Maven recently
> and
> I've started having errors during site generation start occurring on
> projects that had been working. The symptom is: Error loading report
> org.apache.maven.plugin.jxr.JxrReport - AbstractMethodError:
> canGenerateReport()
>
> And will disappear if the ${ reports} is removed from src/site/site.xml.
>
> I've been experiencing the problem with Maven 2.0.6 or Maven 2.0.4 java
> version "1.5.0_07" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
> 1.5.0_07-164) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode,
> sharing)
>
> and still had the problem after deleting my local repository.
>
> To reproduce the problem, check out the following project:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/component
>
> and then do "mvn site"
>

> thanks,
>
> DT,